November 19, 2018
- 2 48-oz cans pineapple juice
- 1 12-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 12-oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 5 ripe bananas
- 4 cups sugar
- 4x2L bottles of pop (gingerale, sprite, 7-up) *note: this slush punch recipe makes enough for 4 punch bowls, and you need 2L of pop to make 1 punch bowl.
- 2 1-gallon freezer-safe containers with lids
- Step 1 simmer together 6 cups water and 4 cups of sugar until sugar is dissolved to make a simple syrup. remove from heat and let cool slightly. add the frozen juice concentrates and mix until all is melted together. set aside.
- Step 2 in a blender, blend part of 1 can pineapple juice with 2½ bananas. pour into a 1-gallon freezer-safe container. add the rest of the open can of pineapple juice. repeat with the other can of pineapple juice and the remaining 2½ bananas.
- Step 3 divide the simple syrup/juice concentrates mixture between the 2 containers. freeze for approximately 2 days, or until frozen through.
- Step 4 let thaw ½ hour before serving. scrape half of a container into a punch bowl and add a 2L bottle of pop. OR scrape into individual glasses and add pop. stir to get a frothy, slushy texture.
- Step 5 makes 4 punch bowls full.