Congratulations to our winner
Kellie Bowen Myers Bosarge for her Candlestick Salad
1 cup alfalfa sprouts, divided
4 pineapple rings
4 ripe bananas
1 cup strawberry yogurt
4 fresh strawberries
- Spread 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts on four individual serving plates. Place pineapple rings on top of the sprouts.
- Peel and slice a 3-inch (8-cm) piece of banana. Stand the banana upright in the pineapple ring. Cut a notch across the top of the banana.
- Pour yogurt over the banana and let it drizzle down the sides to resemble melted wax.
- Slice strawberries about 1/4 inch (.6 cm) thick. Stand the strawberry slice in the notch in the banana to look like the flame on a candle.
- Cut four 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick slices from the remaining bananas.
- Cut a notch in the banana slices. Stand them on the edge of the pineapple ring for a handle. Serve immediately.