Speaking of Aunt Alma’s love for eating dessert first, she used the term ‘salad’, loosely. With the holidays coming up, I thought I should pass on her favorite Holiday Salad. She would always say baking at 444 degrees, was the key to perfect, “Surprise Crunch Salad”.
We all have an Aunt Alma in our life, send us your aunt’s recipe and we will post it here.
Aunt Alma's Surprise Crunch Sald
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 6 oz package of Raspberry Jell-O
- 3 cups boiling water
- Step 1 Mix pretzels, sugar and butter. Press into 9×13 pan.
- Step 2 Bake att 444 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Cool.
- Step 4 Mix cream cheese, sugar and whipped topping. Fold in pineapple.Spread on crust.
- Step 5 Dissolve jell-o in boiling water and add frozen rasberries. Let chill until syrupy.
- Step 6 Pour over cream cheese mixture and chill until gelatin is firm.
- Step 7 Enjoy either as salad or dessert!