Whomever said, all Funeral Potatoes are the same, have obviously not tried yours.
Whether it’s the hash brown or the tot version, we just love them all!
Send us yours and let us know how you add that special ingredient.
Sandra's Spicy Southern Funeral Potatoes
December 5, 2018
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes (Shredded) 20 oz. or 2.5 packs Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns Thawed and Drained.
- 1-pint sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup ( I love this brand)
- 4 oz. can diced, green chiles, fire roasted mild, hot for those who like it super spicy
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Corn Flakes, crushed Mixed with1/4 cup melted butter
- Step 1 Combine sour cream, soup, diced peppers, and butter in a bowl. Mix it well. Add salt, onion, and cheese to mixture and mix until all combined.
- Step 2 Add potatoes to creamy mixture, and stir until all combined.
- Step 3 Spray clean 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.Place potato mixture into greased 9×13 pan.
- Step 4 Pour melted butter over crushed corn flakes.
- Step 5 Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-50 minutes.