The word hors d’oeuvre just sounds fancy, whether Cheez Whiz is involved or not.
Gourmet Cooking Contest using canned foods only, anyone? I am thinking pate, crabcakes and canned cheese for the win.
Send us your “fancy appetizers” and we will post them!
I think the Mormon Mavens got it right with this one.
- Apples (we usually have Gala or Pink Lady…but use your fav.)
- Lemon Juice/Fruit Fresh/or Lemon Lime Soda (if you don’t want them to brown)
- Peanut Butter (about 1/2 C per 2 apples), Warmed
- Craisins (Dried Cranberries)
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Slivered Almonds (or any other type of chopped nut)
- Step 1 First, just get your apples washed and sliced. If you want to prevent them from browning, put the apples in a bowl or ZipLock bag and pour either lemon juice, a Fruit Fresh solution or some lemon lime soda (like 7Up or Sprite) over them and stir or shake to coat them completely. Warm up the PB in a microwaveable cup or dish. I did 1/2 C for about 30-40 seconds.
- Step 2 When you get the apples on the plate, just start piling it on! We started with the Craisins, then drizzled that melty PB all over.
- Step 3 Mmmmmmm. Melty Goodness.